Louis CK’s new special is available today. It’s $5 paypal and the only place you can get it is on his website I believe. This is an outtake from that recording and it’s not even on the actual special.
Yes. Do this. It is good for the world.
Bennett on Drake
This one’s for @Willa Severson.
“You heard me: I would like to look like a picture of myself that has been defaced.”
I am falling for American Horror Story. Here’s why:
1. It’s actually scary:
- Scary, beautiful, mysterious house as a main character.
- Crazy, dark, gasp-making moments abound.
- The inter-personal drama is more horrific than the monsters.
2. It’s actually campy:
- Every inch of every shot is over-designed, like a darker “Ugly Betty” or “Pushing Daisies”.
- The inter-personal drama is over-the-top-ridiculous. And fabulous.
- Oops, Dylan McDermott’s shirt fell off. Again.
3. It’s actually well-done:
- The slowly-unfolding story of the murders told through lovely, loaded flashbacks.
- Hello? Jessica Lange. Francis Conroy. Denis O’Hare.
- I miss Los Angeles.
You should probably watch it. And Ryan Murphy should probably write some thank-you notes to “Dark Shadows” & “Twin Peaks” & “Six Feet Under” & “True Blood” & maybe even “Desperate Housewives”.
Yes. Yes. And yes.
Excited for my man! Winemakers: please keep making wine. I’ll need it on Wednesdays and Thursdays as I ride shotgun.
Check it. Well done old chap! Cheerio! (I shall endeavor to keep abreast of the proceedings.)
5. “A Horse With No Name” - Breaking Bad
4. “Stuck In The Middle With You” - Reservoir Dogs
3. “Sister Christian” - Boogie Nights (and I know this is slightly cheating)
2. “Bookends” - Wonder Years
Nothing will ever top the all-time greatness of:
1. “I’d Really Love To See You Tonight” - The Long Kiss Goodnight