Mostly I haven’t tumbled this blog, but as the year draws to an end and I look to reflect upon the inexplicably difficult and utterly amazing year of 2013, I’m gonna have a lot of explaining to do. Not sure if it will mostly happen here or on my resurrected website. Stay tuned. I got stories to tell. And a best of 2013 comp to share. Just gimme a minute.
A few years ago I recorded a Christmas song. Listen, enjoy and have a great holiday!
My friend Ben jingling them bells again. Check it.96 plays
Louis CK’s new special is available today. It’s $5 paypal and the only place you can get it is on his website I believe. This is an outtake from that recording and it’s not even on the actual special.
Yes. Do this. It is good for the world.
Bennett on Drake
This one’s for @Willa Severson.
“You heard me: I would like to look like a picture of myself that has been defaced.”
I am falling for American Horror Story. Here’s why:
1. It’s actually scary:
- Scary, beautiful, mysterious house as a main character.
- Crazy, dark, gasp-making moments abound.
- The inter-personal drama is more horrific than the monsters.
2. It’s actually campy:
- Every inch of every shot is over-designed, like a darker “Ugly Betty” or “Pushing Daisies”.
- The inter-personal drama is over-the-top-ridiculous. And fabulous.
- Oops, Dylan McDermott’s shirt fell off. Again.
3. It’s actually well-done:
- The slowly-unfolding story of the murders told through lovely, loaded flashbacks.
- Hello? Jessica Lange. Francis Conroy. Denis O’Hare.
- I miss Los Angeles.
You should probably watch it. And Ryan Murphy should probably write some thank-you notes to “Dark Shadows” & “Twin Peaks” & “Six Feet Under” & “True Blood” & maybe even “Desperate Housewives”.
Yes. Yes. And yes.